Who We Are
We are Platinum Sellers on 1stdibs with a 5-Star Rating
Please see our customer reviews!
Q ANTIQUES AND DESIGN specializes in the decorative arts of Europe and the Americas with an emphasis on early-20th-century decor and designs from the Art Nouveau, Arts and Crafts, and Art Deco periods. We are experts in the eclectic and imaginative work of American metalsmith, designer and jeweler, Marie Zimmermann.
A passion for good design, coupled with curiosity about color, craftsmanship, and context, helps us connect collectors and connoisseurs, curators, interior designers and set decorators with stylish and affordable antiques + vintage decor from our location in Hollywood, California.
Why Shop with Q Antiques and Design?
- Because objects tell terrific stories that make us ALL smarter, more interesting and attractive.
- Because people should be able to AFFORD museum-quality objects and we try to make this possible.
- Because we believe in USING great objects in day-to-day life.
- Because good design is tasteful AND timeless.
- Because everything does not have to MATCH!
- Because antiques are GREEN and good for the planet, so re-imagine, re-purpose, reinvent, reanimate!
- Because COLOR is cool.
- Because a fusion of antique + modern is CONTEMPORARY.
- Because we are merely the custodians of fabulous and historically significant objects
Kim Ahara launched Q ANTIQUES AND DESIGN in 2011 after spending more than a decade working in museums, galleries and auction houses in Los Angeles, New York, Washington, D.C. and Berlin, Germany.
Kim studied art history at the University of California, Los Angeles before earning a Master's Degree in American Material Culture as a Winterthur Fellow at the University of Delaware. She completed additional studies in decorative arts connoisseurship at George Washington University and coursework in residence at the Meissen Porcelain manufactory in Germany.
Kim contributes articles and gives interviews to publications including the New England Antiques Journal and Antique Trader Magazine. Her professional affiliations include The Decorative Arts Trust, the Antiques & Collectibles National Association, and the Society of Winterthur Fellows.
Kim Ahara contributed to
The Jewelry and Metalwork of Marie Zimmermann
Yale University Press, 2011
Purchase your copy at Amazon.com