Pilkington's Tile and Pottery Company was founded in 1891 at Clifton Junction in Manchester. The company employed artists and chemists including John Chambers and William Burton, but also commissioned work from well known designers including C. F. A. Voysey, Walter Crane, Gordon Forsyth, and Lewis Day. Pilkington's used technical expertise to develop a range of artistic glazes including a popular 'Lancastrian Lustre'; they exhibited their creations at international exhibitions including Paris in 1900, Milan in 1904, Brussels in 1910, and Turin in 1911. The company's innovation and success resulted in a Royal Warrant from King George V in 1913 when they became the Royal Lancastrian Pottery Company. The V&A (Victoria and Albert) Museum in London includes a range of Pilkington's art pottery in their permanent collection.
Products (Total Items: 1)