Q ANTIQUES AND DESIGN specializes in the decorative arts of Europe and the Americas with an emphasis on early-20th-century designs from the Art Nouveau, Arts and Crafts and Art Deco periods. We are experts in the eclectic and imaginative work of American metalsmith, designer and jeweler, Marie Zimmermann. Our passion for good design — coupled with insatiable curiosity about color, craftsmanship and context — helps us connect collectors and connoisseurs, curators, interior designers and set decorators with stylish and affordable antiques + vintage decor from our location in Hollywood, California.
Why Shop with Q ANTIQUES AND DESIGN?
- Because objects tell terrific stories that make us ALL smarter, more interesting and attractive.
- Because people should be able to AFFORD museum-quality objects and we make this possible.
- Because we believe in USING great objects in day-to-day life.
- Because good design is tasteful AND timeless.
- Because everything does not have to MATCH!
- Because antiques are GREEN and good for the planet. Re-imagine, re-purpose, reinvent, reanimate!
- Because COLOR is cool.
- Because a fusion of antique + modern is CONTEMPORARY.
- Because we are merely the custodians of historically significant, FABULOUS objects.
Kim Ahara, the founder of Q ANTIQUES AND DESIGN contributed to
The Jewelry and Metalwork of Marie Zimmermann, Yale University Press, 2011
Purchase your copy at Amazon.com
Before launching Q ANTIQUES AND DESIGN in 2011, Kim spent more than a decade working in museums, galleries and auction houses in Los Angeles, New York City, Washington, D.C. and Berlin, Germany. She contributes original research and articles to publications including the New England Antiques Journal and The Jewelry and Metalwork of Marie Zimmermann (Yale University Press, 2011)
Kim recently launched new gallery storefronts on Invaluable and 1stdibs highlighting the original and eclectic creations of early-20th-century metalworker, jeweler, and designer, Marie Zimmermann. Her professional affiliations include The Decorative Arts Trust, the American Art Pottery Association, the Antiques & Collectibles National Association, the Auctionata Global Expert Network, and the Society of Winterthur Fellows.